This policy together with any other documents referred to in it and any other terms and conditions of use sets out the basis on which any personal data the Worshipful Company of Butchers (WCB) and Bovingdons Catering Ltd (BCL) collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The data controllers are:
For Livery data: Worshipful Company of Butchers, Butchers’ Hall, 87 Bartholomew Close, London, EC1A 7EB.
For events and Carvery data: Bovingdons Catering Ltd, 16 Edgel Street, London SW18 1SR.
Information we may collect from you
Information you give us: this is Information that you provide by filling in forms via www.butchershall.com (this website). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Information we collect about you: details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer's hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to people working within or for the Worshipful Company of Butchers or BCL to facilitate any requests or to provide you with services or communications.
We might disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In order to keep you updated or to contact you with matters you have expressed an interest in, via other marketing services we use to facilitate this.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms (if applicable) and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Worshipful Company of Butchers or BCL. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You the right to access information held about you. Any access requests should be sent to the WCB office or BCL office respectively.