Being a member of the Worshipful Company of Butchers offers a range of special opportunities for fellowship and networking.Read
Not only does the Company organise large scale events, such as the Master's Charity Banquet but throughout the year a number of other events big and small are organised. From a private tour of St Paul's Cathedral, wine tastings, a lavish dinner at Warwick Castle, festive carol services and a day at the races.
The Court of the Worshipful Company of Butchers meets monthly in order to discuss the management of our Livery company. After business is attended to, everyone can look forward to a wonderful lunch as Liverymen and their guests join the Master and Court for an afternoon of great food, wine and company.Read
It's the focal point each month and a time when people from all types of businesses and backgrounds come together. A butcher, manufacturer, lawyer, CEO or publisher, you never know who you will meet.
The ceremony and traditions that go with a Court Lunch make it all the more special. Dignitaries and special guests are regularly invited by the WCB to create what is a monthly date not to be missed.
Speakers invited to Court Lunches can come from many backgrounds. Previous speakers have included:
- Broadcaster and journalist, Martin Bell
- Ian Wright CBE, chief executive of the Food & Drink Federation
- Loyd Grossman CBE, chef and broadcaster
- Penny Marshall, ITV News social affairs editor
- Charles Dunstone, chairman of TalkTalk
7 February 2023The Boar's Head Ceremony & Lunch 2023
Butchers' Hall and Mansion House
12.30pm for 1.00pm. Procession leaving the Hall @3.15pm (Exact time tbc) Ends: 4.30pm
Following our return to the City streets in 2022, our annual tradition continues as we process and pay our 'rent' to the Rt. Hon. the Lord Mayor with a Boar's Head. But only after enjoying a warming 3 course meal at our Hall first!
3 March 2023WCB March Court Lunch
12.30pm for 1pm
Celebrate our military connections, when Former First Sea Lord, The Rt Hon the Lord West of Spithead GCB DSC , will be our guest of honour, together with members of our three affiliated Service units.
10 March 2023WCB Ladies' Banquet 2023
6.30pm for 7.15pm. Carriages 10.30pm
For the first time since 2014, The Master and his Consort invite you to join them in welcoming The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor, The Lady Mayoress and the Civic Party to an exquisite White Tie Banquet with fine dining and entertainment at Butchers' Hall.
24 March 2023United Guilds Service & Lunch 2023
St Paul's Cathedral & Butchers' Hall
Seats to be taken by no later than 10.45am, followed by lunch at 12.30pm for 1pm.
Limited tickets available for a special Livery service at St Paul's Cathedral, followed by lunch at Butchers' Hall.
8 June 2023The Meat Industry Invitational Golf Tournament 2023
Essendon Country Club, Herts
8.30am - 5.30pm (approx)
Supported by Meat Management, we proudly invite Liverymen and Non-Liverymen to join us for our first ever Meat Industry Invitational Golf Tournament. Swing by for a great day out!
Dates for your diary
Upcoming WCB Virtual Events
- 13 Feb - Choice Cuts Webinar 7
- 22 Mar - Virtual Quiz Night
- 18 April - Choice Cuts Webinar 8
Upcoming WCB In person Events
- 21 Feb - Inter-Livery Pancake Race
- 21 Feb - The Shrove Tuesday Feast in York
- 24 Mar - United Guilds Service & Lunch
- 14 Apr - WCB Court Lunch
- 15 May - City Food Lecture 2023
- 19 May - Master's Charity Ball
- 26 June - Election of Sheriffs & Lunch
- 23 Nov - City Meat Lecture 2023
Upcoming Sporting Events
- 18 May - Inter Livery Clay Pigeon Shoot at West London Shooting School
- 18 May - Prince Arthur Cup 2023 (Golf)
- 8 June - The Meat Industry Invitational Golf Tournament, Essendon Country Club
See what WCB societies & activities you can enjoy. Don't see something for you? Let us know and we'll try to make it happen.