Being a member of the Worshipful Company of Butchers offers a range of special opportunities for fellowship and networking.Read
Not only does the Company organise large scale events, such as the Master's Charity Banquet but throughout the year a number of other events big and small are organised. From a private tour of St Paul's Cathedral, wine tastings, a lavish dinner at Warwick Castle, festive carol services and a day at the races.
The Court of the Worshipful Company of Butchers meets monthly in order to discuss the management of our Livery company. After business is attended to, everyone can look forward to a wonderful lunch as Liverymen and their guests join the Master and Court for an afternoon of great food, wine and company.Read
It's the focal point each month and a time when people from all types of businesses and backgrounds come together. A butcher, manufacturer, lawyer, CEO or publisher, you never know who you will meet.
The ceremony and traditions that go with a Court Lunch make it all the more special. Dignitaries and special guests are regularly invited by the WCB to create what is a monthly date not to be missed.
Speakers invited to Court Lunches can come from many backgrounds. Previous speakers have included:
- Broadcaster and journalist, Martin Bell
- Ian Wright CBE, chief executive of the Food & Drink Federation
- Loyd Grossman CBE, chef and broadcaster
- Penny Marshall, ITV News social affairs editor
- Charles Dunstone, chairman of TalkTalk
10 December 2020Wine and Cheese Night
Virtual, on Zoom
Join fellow Liverymen and guests on 10th December for a brilliant evening of wine, cheese and fellowship, hosted by Jo Clarke of Leicester Handmade Cheese Company and Lindsay Poole of Wine Poole.
An update on WCB events
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, physical events over the coming months have been cancelled or postponed. Updates, when known, will be posted here and communicated to Liverymen via email bulletins.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming Virtual Events 2021
- 14 January* - How to Cook the perfect steak
- 21 January* - WCB quiz night
- 10 February - City Food Lecture 2021
- 11 February* - Valentine's Night Dinner
- 25 February* - An Evening with....
- 11 March* - Mothering Sunday cooking
- 21 May - Heart of the Meat Trade Golf Day*
*denotes an event to be confirmed
See what WCB societies & activities you can enjoy. Don't see something for you? Let us know and we'll try to make it happen.