Being a member of the Worshipful Company of Butchers offers a range of special opportunities for fellowship and networking.Read
Not only does the Company organise large scale events, such as the Master's Charity Banquet but throughout the year a number of other events big and small are organised. From a private tour of St Paul's Cathedral, wine tastings, a lavish dinner at Warwick Castle, festive carol services and a day at the races.
The Court of the Worshipful Company of Butchers meets monthly in order to discuss the management of our Livery company. After business is attended to, everyone can look forward to a wonderful lunch as Liverymen and their guests join the Master and Court for an afternoon of great food, wine and company.Read
It's the focal point each month and a time when people from all types of businesses and backgrounds come together. A butcher, manufacturer, lawyer, CEO or publisher, you never know who you will meet.
The ceremony and traditions that go with a Court Lunch make it all the more special. Dignitaries and special guests are regularly invited by the WCB to create what is a monthly date not to be missed.
Speakers invited to Court Lunches can come from many backgrounds. Previous speakers have included:
- Broadcaster and journalist, Martin Bell
- Ian Wright CBE, chief executive of the Food & Drink Federation
- Loyd Grossman CBE, chef and broadcaster
- Penny Marshall, ITV News social affairs editor
- Charles Dunstone, chairman of TalkTalk
2 July 2021WCB July Court Lunch
12.30pm drinks reception for 1.00pm lunch
Join The Master, special guests and your fellow Liverymen as our famous monthly Court Lunch returns on Friday 2nd July.
4 July 2021Warden Allen's Fundraising BBQ
Long Itchington, Warwickshire
1.30pm to 5.30pm
Warden Peter Allen invites you to a private BBQ at his home in Warwickshire, when fine food & wine will be served and the sun will (hopefully) come out to play!
An update on WCB events
We are forward planning for the return of physical events at Butchers' Hall following Step 4 of the Government's Roadmap, which is due to take place from 21st June, all being well. All planned events will be subject to any Covid guidance and regulations at the time.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming Virtual Events 2021
Upcoming Sporting Events 2021
- 21 June - Horners' Co. Golf Trophy
- 23/24 June - Inter-Livery Clay Pigeon Shoot
- 26 July - Loriner's Charity Golf Day
- 31 July - WCB Croquet competition*
- 20 August - The Prince Arthur Cup (Golf)
- 13 Sept - Inter-Livery Tennis Competition
- 15 Sept - Lord Mayor's Inter Livery Golf Day
Upcoming Live Events 2021
- 2 July - WCB Court Lunch
- 6 Sept - Inter Livery Bridge Competition
- 26 Sept - Annual Woolmen Sheep Drive
*denotes an event to be confirmed
See what WCB societies & activities you can enjoy. Don't see something for you? Let us know and we'll try to make it happen.